Thursday, October 20, 2011

whole30, lucky thirteen

Today is Day 13. Breakfast is cauliflower rice, turkey breast, and avocado chunks which I'm eating unceremoniously at my desk at work. Unbreakfast-like as that sounds, it's really very good and took about 3 minutes to put together this morning. I often don't get very fussy with how food looks in the morning, and I probably should be ashamed of myself for posting a picture of such a homely concoction, but having good food that's good for us when we need it is sometimes much more critical than preparing pretty food. Don't get me wrong, I love beautifully tempting plates of food that almost look too good to eat, absolutely love them. I would not object to such a plate at breakfast; I just don't want the need for aesthetics to overshadow getting the job done when we don't have a lot of time to allot to it.

I can already tell this was a great start to the day. I see students all morning, so I need enough protein and fat to get me through the morning and enough flavor to stay happy and on-track with healthy eating. Occasionally, that takes the form of a traditional breakfast, but more often it looks more like lunch or dinner.

Today for some reason, I have more energy and a higher level of excitement and anticipation than usual. Could be some of the benefits of the Whole30 kicking in, I'm not yet in a position to tell. At any rate, I will enjoy this and use it to get a lot of work done. I've felt like a bit of a slacker this week as I've wrestled with stomach issues the past few days.

So hurray for lucky day 13. I cannot tell you how easy it has been so far to stay with this plan. I do hope that continues. I love easy more than I can say.

How're the rest of you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think about this?