|Canned beans are fine, but in the summer, why not start with fresh?|
- 1 pound fresh green beans, preferrably organic
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion, or 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- Cut fresh green beans in 1 inch pieces, then boil or steam until tender.
- Combine all beans and onion in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over beans and onion.
- Allow flavors to develop in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Can be made a day or two ahead.