Friday, July 8, 2011

gluten-free fresh pasta

Good pasta is one of the dishes so many of us miss when gluten is out of the picture. Sure, there's rice pasta, but it can be gritty and pasty. There's a nice quinoa pasta from Ancient Harvest, and it's not bad IF you can eat corn. Bionaturae has some okay choices, again with corn. For me none of them work. I've tried several, and the ones I like, don't really like me. I can't eat corn products, and I don't do so well with gums. I'm also just not a big fan of rice pasta either. Yuck! Really, if I'm going to eat rice, give me some worth eating---chewy, tasty brown rice just being itself.

Still, like so many other dishes that we can live without if we must, pasta just sounds really good sometimes. And fresh pasta sounds even better. Enter Shauna and Danny, Shauna James Ahern and Daniel Ahern, Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef. Their newest contribution even includes a video how-to of rolling out the pasta. I'm excited, though I haven't tried it yet, I know I can eat every ingredient on that list. That's a big deal, a really big deal. Check it out at gluten-free fresh pasta

2 comments:

  1. Making pasta is a lot of fun. A lot of work-but a lot of fun. Good luck finding one you like that likes you. I haven't been a fan of "substitute" pastas but that doesn't mean there aren't good ones out there. Let me know when pasta making day is and I will try to come over and play. I have a kitchen aid pasta roller attachment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a lot of fun. Maybe we could make several variations.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you think about this?